Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default Circuit breaker box hisses

On 10/18/2015 2:25 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 17 Oct 2015 20:15:38 -0500, Muggles wrote:

he thing about what I'm smelling is it isn't there all the time and I
can't find where it's coming from. It's like a faint scent and then
goes away. My husband hasn't ever smelled it, but I it's hard to
describe it. The only thing I can compare it to is the smell of
electricity.

Perhaps your smell is fine. It could be insulation on the wire
(burning), back stabbed outlets, switches (heat), a ceiling fan motor
/ wire nut connection (pour mechanical/electrical connection) or
something in the panel. Nobody can tell from here.

From my DIY experience... not being an electrician.

Thanks for the info. Next time I smell it I can try and track it down
more specifically.

--
Maggie