Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Check your Windows 10 block settings

On 10/18/2015 4:06 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Don Y wrote:

If you're deliberately avoiding all of these "tracking/profiling
opportunities", I suspect your lifestyle has *significantly* been
compromised to make that happenn

Simply put they know more about me than I know about myself, LOL!

They have AN INTEREST in knowing -- you probably *don't*! :

My MD asks me questions that I'd never think of asking myself.
*He* knows how those things correlate with things that he might
be looking for.

Similarly, folks thinking of extending credit to me might be
interested in how diligently I get annual physicals (i.e., if
I don't exercise discipline over my own PHYSICAL HEALTH,
I'm probably less likely to exercise discipline over my FISCAL
HEALTH!)

Folks always think there has to be some IDENTIFIABLE *reason*
for a correlation. Actuaries (and others who make decisions
based on probabilities) only care about the fact that a
correlation APPEARS to exist -- they don't really care *why*
as long as the correlation is statistically reliable!

People who drive white cars tend to have fewer accidents.
Is this because white cars are safer? Or, because people
who aren't concerned with the color of their car tend
to have a more cautious personality? Or, because OTHER
drivers can more readily *see* white vehicles (to avoid
them)?

shrug