Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Check your Windows 10 block settings

On 2015-10-18, Don Y wrote:
This is the key point: ---------------------^^^^^^^^^^
How far do you go in screwing up your lifestyle just for the
sake of *claiming* you've protected your privacy?

What you do consider "screwing up" ones' lifestyle? I pay cash for
all local purchases and rarely buy anything online. I use settings and
install extensions on web browsers that help prevent tracking. I don't
use Microsoft, Apple, or Google products.

To me none of this is "screwing up" my lifestyle. They don't even require
a lot of effort. (In particular buying everything with cash is just a
continuation of what I've always done. Using a credit or debit card for
everything would be the strange, screwed up thing to me.)

How come? Online shopping is easy and convenient, they can data mine
about me but I block all the spams, junk mails. I don't even see any of
them. I use card paying in full when I get the bill. I pay the bill on
line as well. On small business we have all the payment is done by CC.
Lots of points is being collected plus points I collected when I was
working which pay for our travels like going to see our grand son in
Victoria Island. Been long time since I paid for air line ticket with
paper money. Oh, I book flight online too, LOL! At our store cash sale
amount is less than 10% of total sales in any day.