Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Garage Exterior Wall Sconce

On Sun, 18 Oct 2015 11:08:45 -0400, Meanie
wrote:

I plan to install sconce lighting on each side of my garage door. I've
read the mounting height should be about 72" then elsewhere between 8
and 9 feet. I'm sure I can eye it and draw my own conclusion but I
thought I'd ask. Any input to the actual height or a formula for floor
to ceiling ratio? When confirming such height, is that the bottom of the
lighting, the top, the junction box, etc? I've yet to see confirmation
on any of that.

Thanks

You made me look. On my street, each house sconce lights are at
different heights. Mine being the highest -- near the top of the GD
but below the header beam. One house has them at the mid-way point of
the GD. Some lights are larger than others.... FWIW.