Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Garage Exterior Wall Sconce

On 10/18/2015 11:08 AM, Meanie wrote:
I plan to install sconce lighting on each side of my garage door. I've
read the mounting height should be about 72" then elsewhere between 8
and 9 feet. I'm sure I can eye it and draw my own conclusion but I
thought I'd ask. Any input to the actual height or a formula for floor
to ceiling ratio? When confirming such height, is that the bottom of the
lighting, the top, the junction box, etc? I've yet to see confirmation
on any of that.

Thanks

Have a helper hold the fixture where you think it may be best. Step
back 20 to 40 feet and have them move it up and down. Have them stop
where it looks best to you.

Once you have what looks good, be sure nothing is going to interfere or
hit it.