Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Whats your favorite jig or shortcut tool or method?

On 10/17/2015 8:21 AM, Gumnuts wrote:
Whats you favorite jig or shortcut method?

I worked with an old timer and was amazed with the simple jigs and
tricks he'd invented over the years to save himself time, effort and
fingers.

Got any you'd care to share?

I have a shear that the bottom 1" thick blade is "L" shaped and clamps
in a vise and the top blade has a 3' long 1" pipe welded on and a 1/2"
grade 8 bolt as a pivot. It will shear 1/8" plate. I made it 40 years
ago for one job and it's seen lots of use, it's handy.