Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Circuit / terminal corrosion

On 10/17/2015 9:52 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, October 17, 2015 at 3:20:52 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

One time I used noalox on a .250 push on terminal,
it corroded out in a few months, the terminal
up and disappeared. I've changed to dielectric
grease for small connections, now.
-
.

That's very strange. I've never had that happen

but I don't usually put Noalox all over Faston
terminals because it's so fraking messy. I put a
small amount on the stripped end of the wire before
crimping on the connector. I once had a big tube
of 3M silicone dielectric grease I obtained back
in the early 70's that lasted me for many years of
greasing antenna connectors and low voltage
terminals in boats and cars. ^__^

[8~{} Uncle Greasy Monster

In this case, it was a thermostat on a refrigerated
box. I put Noalox on the female connectors, and
pushed them onto the spade terminals on the
thermostat. A couple months later, the male
terminals had disappeared. I've only had that
happen once, and I stopped using Noalox.

Where I am, Advance Auto Parts has the best price
on dielectric grease, three or four ounce tube for
six or seven bucks.

-
..
Christopher A. Young