Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Check your Windows 10 block settings

On Sat, 17 Oct 2015 10:07:29 -0400, "Mayayana"
wrote:

| The BS about spyware is just.....BS.

You can say that you think it's "BS" for people
to be concerned about privacy and security....
though it would be nice if you could be a bit
more articulate.

But you clearly haven't looked
into the actual facts, so you have no basis for
your opinion about there being a spyware aspect
to Win10. That's actually a surprisingly common
reaction: ostrich logic -- "I don't want to know
about it, because I don't want to make an effort,
therefore the problem is not there."

You have no basis for saying that of course.
I told you before that I am aware of what you term "spyware."
And I've disabled all of it that concerns me.
I accepted the EULA with my eyes open.

snip

Further, even the parts that can allegedly be
turned off may still be in surveillance mode after
being disabled. Anyone who wants to know the
basic issues can look at these links:

http://arstechnica.com/information-t...he-new-normal/

http://arstechnica.com/information-t...-to-microsoft/

http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2015/07/29/wind-nos/

"May be?" Well, if that's your proof of "spying" you don't have
much.
Those articles are months old, and I read similar even before I
installed Win10.
If MS does anything illegal, I'm sure the feds will jump on them.
There are plenty of people "spying" on MS too.
I don't plan on doing anything illegal, but if I do I sure as hell
won't do it on my computer.
Anyway, I'm not pro or anti MS. It just IS.
You apparently don't like MS.