Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Check your Windows 10 block settings

On 10/17/2015 1:00 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 10/17/2015 11:43 AM, Don Y wrote:
On 10/17/2015 9:09 AM, Muggles wrote:

We also tend to be "need driven" and not distracted by "wants". So,
impulse purchases are just not in the cards for us. E.g., our shopping
day sees us leaving the house with a carefully prepared list of
items -- and returning home *with* those items, not some random
assortment of other things that "caught our eye".

OTOH, I've watched my sister shop. Totally oblivious as to what
she's putting in her cart, no planning, etc. "I want this; I
want that; oh, gee... isn't *this* nice!! Gotta have TWO of those!"

frown

I don't buy much of anything unless it's on my list, but sometimes I'll
go shopping with a general goal to find *something* that I can use to
make project X with at home. I'll look for items that I can re-purpose
and use in a totally different way than what it was made to be used for
IF I can't find what I'd really like to use to make what I need. I
design what I need if I can't find something in the store that'll work,
and then I'll build it out of odd parts.

We may make a list so nothing is forgotten, but I don't want to be
restricted to it. If something looks good, we may try it. Life would be
boring if we never ventured out and tried something different. Often,
my goal is to come home with something never tried before.

Major purchases like appliances, cars, furniture is researched before
hand and we've been satisfied with what we bought. Minor purchases like
groceries always have some impulse items. A cheese that looks good or a
thick Porterhouse steak may grab me.

Just as I often turn down a road that I have no idea where it goes.

As for Msft tracking me, they will become very bored.