Posted to alt.home.repair
songbird songbird is offline

Default find the dead mouse

Meanie wrote:
Did you check the engine compartment? Animals like to enter there after
the car has stopped due to the warmth. He could be cooking somewhere in
there.

yep, it's fine, i did find the start of a
nest in the air filter but that was removed
and wire mesh was put over the air intake
opening so they can't get back in again.

Reminds me of an incident many moons ago. I loaned my car to my dad.
When he returned it, I could smell the stench of a decaying corpse. I
found a possum fried to the side of the engine. I took the car to a
local service station and offered the kid $25 to get it out. The elder
mechanics egged him on to go for it. He reached down and grabbed a paw.
After a yank, the paw came off but the animal still remained. The kid
took a 10 minute breather after gagging, choking and almost puking. His
co-workers were laughing their asses off as was I but they stilled egged
him on. He finally took a broom handle and force it through to the
bottom while all of us were laughing hysterically. It was the best and
most entertaining $25 I ever spent.

probably close to the least amount you ever spent
at a mechanic's place too!

i took a cat for a ride down the road for a half
mile before it jumped out. i heard it and then saw
it tumbling in the road in the rearview mirror. we
don't have cats or dogs so it was either one of the
neighbor's cats or one of the feral cats that are
sometimes around.

songbird