Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Circuit breaker box hisses

On Sat, 17 Oct 2015 12:43:25 -0500, Muggles wrote:

On 10/17/2015 12:34 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 17 Oct 2015 12:18:49 -0500, Muggles wrote:

Our house has a circuit breaker box in the bad bedroom where the
previous owners built on an addition to the older house. I was wondering
if a circuit box has an odor to it because sometimes I could swear that
I can smell electricity in the air, but I can't really pinpoint where
it's coming from. It's been like this for the entire time we've lived here.

How can you "smell electricity" in a "bad bedroom"? Heck I can't even
see electricity, but I am really afraid of it. :-\

I don't know how I can smell electricity. It's the "back" bedroom.
sheesh. I need to wake up! Sorry for the typo.

I was just poking at ya. You could be smelling scorched wires or
something. Your box needs a closer inspection or maybe an outlet or
switch on the walls. Would be my guess, but I'm not an electrician.