Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Water pipe heat tape

On Sat, 17 Oct 2015 11:37:43 -0500, Muggles wrote:

On 10/17/2015 11:30 AM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 17 Oct 2015 10:45:27 -0500, Muggles wrote:

After clean the fish (fillets), bury the carcases in your growing
media. Watch the plants take off. Plants love fish emulsion.

lol The best time to process fish is when you're really mad about
something. Chopping off heads and gutting something is pretty satisfying!

A guy I used to work with was an avid bow hunter. At night he would
shoot carp in the local river. He would give me the fish (s) now and
then, so I buried the whole fish in my garden. Tomato plants 15' high.
Cherry tomatoes half dollar sized. Regularly I had other varieties
weigh ~ 1 pound. Fed all the neghbors and made sauce for the winter
months.

We've buried a few fish as fertilizer and enjoyed the same results. We
also use the fish water and the old chicken bedding on our garden, too.

Our tomatoes get so huge that we can't contain them with double height
tomato cages. I'm tired of that scenario so next year we're going to
build some trellises into our raised beds that can handle the weight.

I dug 2 foot holes, stood 16 foot 2X4s vertical in the garden. As the
tomatoes grew I loosely tied then with strips of cotton T-shirts. That
will support them. No wire cages needed.

If you live near a river that floods in winter, when the water goes
down visit boat ramps. Shovel the black muck into containers and haul
it home. Till into the garden, add some fish scraps. At a feed
store, locate dehydrated chicken manure in a bag. Tomatoes love it as
do other plants. Do not use fresh chicken manure as it is to hot and
burns plants. You can also make a tea and pour it on the garden.

Worm casting make a good tea, too.