Posted to alt.home.repair
astraweb astraweb is offline

Default Generac backup generator

On 10/17/2015 8:12 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 10/16/2015 7:27 AM, trader_4 wrote:
A guy who lives near me had a similar experience. He had a 12KW Generac
nat gas powered, maybe 5 years old. Started up every week for the routine
check run. Very lightly used, power is generally reliable here. During
a hurricane outage, a few hours into running, it died.
...snip...

I wonder if the weekly test used up all the
hours of run time? Maybe if it were tested
every six months, it would work when needed.

Thanks for the field report.

I know that you know this already but...

the Internet is overflowing with drama queens.
If we listened to some of the clowns here we'd never
buy any product ever again.

I have a 9-year-old 17kw NG Generac and it powers us
thru the typical 3-day after-storm outages just fine.
Has not failed yet.

Also have a house full of Whirlpool appliances,
some over 20 years old, all are humming along just fine.
And the Toyota vehicles in the driveway perform flawlessly as well.

And then there's Comcast. According to the attention-seekers,
Comcast is the devil incarnate yet we enjoy perfect service from them.
Comcast employees have always treated us well and
their prices are the best in the area.
What's not to like?

My 94-year-old parents just retired a 44-year-old
Lochinvar electric water heater made in Detroit.

They also have a 62-year-old GE chest freezer that
is still in service.

Sure, products fail occasionally and I'm sure Comcast has missed a
service appointment or two but it's not the epidemic that some
would have us believe.