Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Circuit breaker box hisses

On 10/17/2015 10:14 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Friday, October 16, 2015 at 9:35:16 PM UTC-5, philo wrote:

snip

I knew better than to try and collect warranty on that one...
yes it was Craftsman
and I used the socket set the entire 38 years I was on the job.

The socket set was the only thing that lasted the whole time...and when
it was time for me to turn in my tools, I kept it as a retirement present.

Obviously I replaced the parts shown in the photo and I took warranty on
the ratchet a few times...but all other sockets went the distance.

I've owned many an arc damaged Klein screwdriver. ^__^

[8~{} Uncle Arc Monster

Here's another story:

When I first started my job, the LARGE industrial batteries I worked on
had no insulation the the lead intra-cell connectors.

After a number of years of having customers blow up their batteries, we
started manufacturing insulating shrouds to go over the lead bars and we
installed them on 100% of the batteries we worked on. We'd charge a
nominal fee and though no one ever protested, our policy was to give the
customer a refund if they did not like the fee,,,but NOT to remove the
shrouds.

A few months after battery shrouds becoming standard, I dropped my
entire socket set onto a gassing on-charge battery. I was standing on
top of it, and were it not for the insulating shrouds, there was 100%
chance it would have blown up!

Here's where I worked

http://www.enersys.com/IRONCLAD_Prod...?langType=1033

The batteries we sold weighed up to 4000 pounds