Posted to alt.home.repair
Mayayana Mayayana is offline

Default Check your Windows 10 block settings

| The BS about spyware is just.....BS.

You can say that you think it's "BS" for people
to be concerned about privacy and security....
though it would be nice if you could be a bit
more articulate.

But you clearly haven't looked
into the actual facts, so you have no basis for
your opinion about there being a spyware aspect
to Win10. That's actually a surprisingly common
reaction: ostrich logic -- "I don't want to know
about it, because I don't want to make an effort,
therefore the problem is not there."

For anyone who cares about the actual facts,
in order to make their own *informed* opinion,
first there's the new privacy policy, which MS
changed with the release of Win10:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/priva...t/default.aspx

The non-business EULA says you agree to their
privacy policy. The privacy policy, in turn, says,
you will be spied on in numerous ways and not all
of them can be blocked. In other words, Microsoft
themselves are saying in plain language that Win10
is spyware, and that you must agree to that in order
to use Win10. It's part of the longstanding tradition
of writing mickey mouse licenses for software and
justifying it with the claim that you are not buying,
but licensing, the product.

Further, even the parts that can allegedly be
turned off may still be in surveillance mode after
being disabled. Anyone who wants to know the
basic issues can look at these links:

http://arstechnica.com/information-t...he-new-normal/

http://arstechnica.com/information-t...-to-microsoft/

http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2015/07/29/wind-nos/