Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Circuit breaker box hisses

On 10/17/2015 12:59 AM, Texas Kingsnake wrote:
Howdy folks,

I read all the excellent replies (thanks to all). Here's what I am going to
do. I will put on my long linesman rubber gloves, place a thick rubber mat
on the floor in front of the box and use a large insulated screwdriver to
see if the screw (it's slotted, not hex-keyed) will turn and by how much.

TKS

While in the panel, please consider tighten the
other power feed wire. And the neutral. And then
go down the row of breakers, and snug down all
the black wires. I've also had neutrals and grounds
come loose, so perhaps those need snug down also.

Looking forward to a follow up report, please.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus