Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default Check your Windows 10 block settings

Vic Smith writes:

On Fri, 16 Oct 2015 19:47:39 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

On 10/16/2015 6:12 PM, Dan Espen wrote:
Ultimately, they'll be a smaller company.

That's pretty obvious.

Smaller in employees, market cap, revenues?

I'm guessing all of the above.
Certainly further development of their OS is requiring less
and less people and bringing in less and less money.

They've done pretty well introducing incompatibility into their
office suite but I expect diminishing returns there too.

I don't see them losing market share in the desktop market any time
soon.

Agreed. But users sticking with XP, W7, etc. don't bring any revenue
to keep MSFT going.

They're selling easy to use does-it-all software to the masses.
Not until somebody can cover the bases as well as MS does.

OSX is reputed to be easier to use than Windows.
I know complete novices that switched and are very happy.
I find Linux just as easy to use, and I'm not alone.

They may improve sales in the cell phone, tablet area, but I know
nothing about them.

You should know that Linux is dominating that market.
Android, Kindle, Samsung, the only real competition comes from
Apple.

Besides, I don't buy the notion that Windows 10 is "the end."
They'll have more versions to take advantage of new technology.

They may create new versions, there will just be less and less
reasons to change.

--
Dan Espen