Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Sewage Backing Up Into Shower, But Basement Drains Are Clear

On Sat, 17 Oct 2015 00:12:00 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 17 Oct 2015 02:44:02 +0000, Soloman
m wrote:

replying to hrhofmann , Soloman wrote:
Roto Rooter large power snake device could not clear the clog. There is a
sludge patch of about 5' in a 35' line running through the downstairs
slab. it pokes through but then the sludge seals when pulling out.

I am surprised they could not clear that with a cutter head on the
snake. I know sometimes the "rooter" companies just shove the cable
down there without a head on it. There is just a hook of wire from the
cable sticking out to snag tampons and such

There's something else going on here. Like how did the sludge pile up
there? The power flush should reveal it.