Posted to alt.home.repair
Mayayana Mayayana is offline

Default Check your Windows 10 block settings

| Does anyone know if Microsoft will be offering a paid version of Win10
that doesn't spy on us?

I just came across a very interesting piece that's
apropos he

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/10...o r_deadline/

The European Union courts have ruled American
mass citizen surveillance illegal in Europe and given
the US gov't and companies until 1/31/16 to come
up with a credible solution or be blocked from storing
private data. I don't know exactly what that implies,
but it sounds promising. Companies like MS, Google,
Apple and Facebook have built their businesses around
spying on people for targetted advertising, while
sharing that data with the US gov't. It's hard to see
how their business model can be maintained if the EU
stick to their guns. Even as this is happening, Microsoft
is threatening to go to court over demands from the
US Justice Dept that they share hotmail data stored
in Ireland. The Justice Dept is trying to claim that the
personal data of Europeans is not personal data at
all but rather is Microsoft's business data, which they
have a right to inspect! MS is apparently at least making
a show of resistance in order to not entirely lose their
credibility in the EU. It seems that the EU and the US
gov't and corporations couldn't be further from an
agreement.

I'd like to see an expert business analysis of all this.
It's hard to know how it's likely to affect the US market
and American tech spying.