Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Ballistic cord chaps for chainsaw users

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 10/11/2015 07:03 AM, Robert Green wrote:
Speaking of chain sawing I saw a neat trick on ATOH yesterday. To

prevent
the bark from ripping when sawing off a limb, he made a small cut on the
bottom so that when the branch's weight might normally cause the limb to
break off with torn bark, the reverse cut left a clean break. Kewl.

Don't get too carried away or you'll need to move on to the next video
-- how to free a pinched chain saw.

I got the impression you cut a *very* shallow kerf through the rough outer
bark to keep from doing exactly that. I imagine if that happens you make a
Y pole with a long stem using some light framing lumber and get a friend(s)
to lift the branch whose weight has clamped the saw.

You don't have to worry about me pinching a blade. Gave away my CS (really
crappy electric) and use a Sawzall clone with a big wood-cutting blade. If
that doesn't cut it (arf arf) I summon the elvish French-Canadian spider
monkey man who uses a chainsaw about 3/4's as big as he is.

--
Bobby G.