Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Why aren't backpack vacuums more popular in the home?

"Don Wiss" wrote in message
wrote:

stuff snipped

I bought a back pack. The motor is at the bottom, so not near the head,

but
at the lower back. Not objectionable.

Good. I've had them pass me by in the halls when I was working late and it
didn't seem too loud but I suspect each model is different. The weight
could *weigh* on you after a while though. g

I use a central vac because it exhausts the air outside the building. No
backpack, no noise but a lot of hose-wrangling. I ended up getting hoses
for each floor in the house to cut down on the wrangling.

I kept the 50 foot card. I use it for my parlor level, the four flights of
stairs, and the hall on the bottom floor, where the rental is. I have a
shop vac for my top floor, and a Miele cannister for my middle floor.

Those
stay on their floor.

When I used a canister and the short 12' cord failed I replaced it with an
25' extension cord that had gone bad at the socket end. Very handy to have
a long cord.

--
Bobby G.