Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default off topic: new car advice for senior

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 10/14/2015 09:33 PM, Robert Green wrote:
I'm not sure Nelson could have pulled it off. A lot of people disliked
Nelson for any number of reasons: to many he was a filthy rich New

Yawker.

Maybe, maybe not but Goldwater was a disaster.

No doubt about that.

To some extent I see it as an object lesson for the current GOP woes.

I wish that it would be so. As noted in another thread, "lessons learned"
don't last too long. It took less than 25 years for us to get enmeshed in
another Vietnam. Goldwater's debacle was too long ago for any of the Young
Turks to remember - or learn from.

--
Bobby G.