Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Why does my car ac system keep blowing up?

Ashton Crusher wrote:
I put in 80% of the amount of R12 as I'm using 134a. Running it in
the driveway at 2000 rpm I've seen the low side drop to 30 and the
high side go to over 325. I don't see how they could possibly go even
that high, much less to the 400 psi needed to pop the high pressure
valve within 2 minutes after starting with the engine at or near idle
speed.

Anyone got any theories? Too much oil? Too much refrigerant? Not
enough virgins being sacrificed?

Clogged expansion tube. Clogged evaporator.
--scott