Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] RealPerson@none.com is offline

Default OT Broadband costs

On 15 Oct 2015 17:44:26 GMT, KenK wrote:

That/s why I prefer to use email. But the companies often don't answer it
nowadays, or insist on you giving them a phone number and then use that
instead of email. I suspect just to make it more difficult to keep
meticulous records.

And that dont include all the time they place you ON HOLD during a phone
call. I just contacted a manufacturer for help regarding a piece of
machinery. Their website has a link which says "If you need help, click
here to ask". I got a long form, requiring all sorts of personal info,
before I could even ask the question. I did all of that, waited 3 days
for a reply, and got a reply which told me to call my local dealer, with
a link to "locate a local dealer". And they also had a link to buy an
owners manual.

Needless to say, I was ****ed. I had already been to my local dealer who
said they could not answer my question. What a waste of time filling out
all that crap on that form, and I suppose I'll get all sorts of spam
from them for the rest of my life now. (Of course I have a special email
address just for contacting businesses).