Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Lidl parking

"tim....." wrote in message

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Ophelia wrote:
Quite! If they have asked for his evidence that he was a customer and
he refuses to provide it, turning up in court with it isn't going to go
well for him.

You have some odd ideas.

You seem to think it is up to me to prove my 'innocence'.

you're not being asked to prove innocence', you're being asked to prove
that you were a customer.

When Lidl have all the proof that that is necessary already.

You are not disputing that fact that it was your car, only that you were
entitled to free parking because of some extra condition

I have given them the means to prove it themselves.

what was that, I've lost track

He told them that he had used that store in the past
with that car and had paid by card this time, so they
have all the data they need to check that he did use
the store when his car was in the carpark this time.

The last I recall was that you were reluctant to hand over a credit card
number.

Yes, but he did tell them that he had paid by card and
that he had previously supplied the car number plate
number when he had shopped in the store before.

What else is there, other than the receip,t that you could have given
them?

The fact that he had previously shopped in that store
and had given the car number to the checkout monkey
when asked for it and that it was the same car and that
he had paid by card this time so they can check for
themselves with the records they have that he did
use the checkout in the store this time.