Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Water pipe heat tape

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 12:35:43 -0500, Muggles wrote:

Do you need more specifics like 4x4 beam construction, insulated walls
with bat and batten siding, and 4x6 beams at the top? The north wall
will have windows at a 53° angle to catch the winter angle of the sun
better and reduce overheating in the summer time. The north wall is
solid (no windows). The general building plan looks close to this:
http://www.builditsolar.com/Projects...uildEazyGH.jpg if you're
looking at it facing east. The door is on the west side of the
building, and the windows face south. Also our door is going to be much
wider than the one pictured so we can get large tanks in an out of the
building, and right now we're planning on having a large sliding barn
door, but that may change. On the south wall there's a knee wall. All
the walls that don't have windows will be double insulated. We plan on
having automatic solar windows that open when the temps get too hot and
close when the temps cool down. (need more info? Or pics, maybe?)

That pic is terrible. I downloaded it, blew it up and can't read it.

I can only tell the frame shape. How is the GH covered in your
plans.... Visqueen, shade cloth, dual layers of visqueen, one inside
another outside? (like a dual pane window) Details matter. Roof shade
cloth removed in winter?

Hen's teeth and frog hairs......