Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Water pipe heat tape

`On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 11:15:31 -0500, Muggles wrote:

On 10/15/2015 11:04 AM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 09:59:16 -0500, Muggles wrote:

I'm not a mechanic, or plumber, or electrician, so yeah, I know very
little about residential propane water heaters, or tempering valves.

Go figure. I should beat myself with a wet noodle because I asked a
question about water heaters and the cost.

Victim Card Detector max out

LOL I should have added a smiley face, or /sarcasm tag.

What people are saying is to be more clear and specific. Best you can.

Sure, but I don't always know what people don't know to be more clear on.

Take what they say and verify it independently to validate it is true.

One step at a time. What I understand is you haven't even finished
the green house, yet you want heat for the fish.

Temps are starting to drop at night, but we aren't needing an immediate
solution until they drop during the daytime, too. So, I'm inquiring
ahead of time to get ideas of other options we might build into the
green house, now.

Temps are dropping here to, so we turn off the AC and open windows...

Building a "great" green house may not require heat for the fish
except in rare instances.

Tilapia are very strong fish to raise. They don't have too many
particulars except for not tolerating lower temps (below 70°). We've
know that heating the water can be cheaper than heating the green house,
and that large tanks of water and gravel on the ground can be passive
heat sources, too. One main problem in the green house is fluctuating
temps between day and night, which can kill any veggies we're trying to
grow via the aquaponics system even IF the fish can tolerate the
temperature changes.

Modify the GH temp fluctuations. We still don't know how it is
constructed. You can always let heat out. Keeping heat in is another
approach.

Keep the cart ahead of the horse.

Did you even look at the first link I posted in a reply? Aquaponics
in Wisconsin. I suggested to contact them to see how they raise fish
(perch) in winter.

Oh yes. We done a lot of reading on the subject via links similar to
yours. This is our 5th year with a green house and running an aquaponics
system. Our first system was small and each year it's grown.

The first year and fifth year methods should not change much except
for the scale of production.