Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Lidl parking

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
tim..... wrote:
If they choose not to believe me and check up
themselves,

and how can they check up? How can they possibly know that car number
ACB123 is responsible for the till receipt for 23.47 paid for by credit
card number 123456789...?

They know the name of the registered owner of the car - me - as they sent
me a letter. So went to the effort of looking this up. So they can go to
the effort of asking Lidl if a purchase was made by me at the time.

How would Lidl know that Mr Plowman made a purchase..

As you have already said, the receipt does not have your name on it

If they have no system in place to do this, it's time they had. Would have
saved them the cost of a letter.

I suspect there are going to be too many case of "keeper of car" does not
equal "name on credit card" for this to be useful

tim