Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default OT Broadband costs

On 10/14/2015 12:10 PM, KenK wrote:
My CenturyLink bill including DSL went up another $20 to $106 - DSL now
$80. Called CL for possible reduction but people incompetent. I'll have to

Can anyone think of any options? Later will Google for local non-cable
broadband but don't have much hope.

TIA

Apparently all cable/telcos have weird plans. Mine, Frontier, after a
year, automatically puts you on what I call, the retail plan ... full
price. I call them and they magically fix it. If you don't call, you pay
and pay. Also, most of these companies have what they call, a retention
department. It is usually just a subset of their call center. If you
complain and make noise about leaving, they hand you over to a retention
droid that is allowed to make deeper changes than the regular person.
They never tell you about the retention department. So that's a good
place to start. BTW, most cable companies will sell you a data only plan
for your internet connection. Cable internet will usually be much higher
speed than DSL. And of course, there is satellite which is usually more
expensive and has data limits. I once told them right out, if they
didn't fix my problem I would cancel all there stuff, even though that
would entail a more expensive internet package via satellite and they
jumped in with a good priced plan.