Sam Goldwasser

Default Replace vcr video head

"William Sangismoch" writes:

Hello,

I believe my vcr head is going to wear out soon. Before I have it
replaced, I would like to get prepared with the matter.

If a worn head needed to be replaced, is it possible to mount a new one
from a different manufacture/model?

If it's possible indeed, then how much likely will the new head perform
as well as the old one?

I have also heard about "replacement head". Is it a compatible head made
by a 3rd party manufacture? If so, is it usually cheaper?

Is it possible to replace a 4-head set with a 6-head set?

Obviously a less than informed consumer Please reach out.

It either has to be an exact manufacturer's replacement or a generic
replacement of the same model. There is no standardization of video
heads.

See the VCR repair guide for more info.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Home Page: http://www.repairfaq.org/
| Mirror Site Info: http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_mirror.html

Important: The email address in this message header may no longer work. To
contact me, please use the Feedback Form at repairfaq.org. Thanks.