Bill Maier

Default Tech Review: Victor's (8liners/Genao) Replacement Arcade RGB Monitor Chassis (LONG)

Yes, that is very nice of Victor, but once you factor in shipping,
it's
kinda pricey, especially since you said you've done cap kits, this
should be
a 5 minute replacement and you should be able to pick up the cap from
a TV
shop or even BobRoberts for not too much (or email me and I might have
an
old one scavenged from old boards I could send you if you can tell me
the
ratings/which one)

I did replace the failed cap. Although now the chassis does power
up, the screen is squished horizontally. I don't intend to pursue
this until it can be a usable chassis.

I believe this chassis would be a good solution if there were an
adjustment for the pincushioning. Perhaps a cap in that circuit with
a different rating?

C'mon, anyone have any advice? I've got three of these things
waiting to be used

,Bill