Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default OT Broadband costs

"KenK" wrote in message
My CenturyLink bill including DSL went up another $20 to $106 - DSL now
$80. Called CL for possible reduction but people incompetent. I'll have to

Can anyone think of any options? Later will Google for local non-cable
broadband but don't have much hope.

It may depend on the area, but you may not need the TV service part of cable
to get cable internet. I did have cable TV and internet,but a few months
ago I went to Direct TV and just kept the internet of cable.

This is for Time Warner internet by cable and is $ 57 per year. I did by my
own modem for about $ 50 to advoid their modem monthly charge. They have
several rates depending on the speed. At $ 57 I am on the 50 meg down and 6
meg up. It should be 15 down and 1 up , butg lately they upgraded it at no
charge. Probably to compete with a fiber network going in around the area.

I think their very basic plan is about $ 15 a month.