Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Chair Rails

On 10/14/2015 7:39 AM, Dan Espen wrote:
writes:

I installed chair rails ... [and] ... when I
shoot a nail in that area where I think it's a stud (BTW, I'm using 2"
brad nails), the nail is curving backwards and exiting the front of
the rail and not even penetrating the wall. ...

The nail that won't go in may be hitting a metal plate there to
protect some wiring.

+22

OP's askin' for trouble if keeps at it there.

Didn't read all the responses but the trick woulda' been to have made
certain of the located studs in a to-be hidden area behind the rail
_before_ actually applying any of the rail to the wall...