Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_] rbowman[_2_] is offline

Default off topic: new car advice for senior

On 10/14/2015 12:42 AM, Robert Green wrote:
I agree. I have a co-branded (both names on the lid) HP/Compaq laptop that
I put on ice because they didn't make a lot of them. And because it barked
like a dog it was so slow. Maybe my heirs can cash in on it on "Pawn Stars
2060."

My museum piece is a Compaq Concerto laptop:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compaq_Concerto

When the buzz about tablets with detachable keyboards started I thought
to myself I've had one of those for 15 years. What's the big deal?

My neighbor worked for a plumbing supply/computer store. I was looking
for a laptop when I went in she said 'We just got a new model in. You've
got to see this!' I took a look gave her $1500 iirc, and took it home.
At the time $1500 wasn't bad for a laptop, even without the novel features.