Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Chair Rails

On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 05:58:00 -0400, Meanie
wrote:

On 10/13/2015 10:48 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 13 Oct 2015 22:27:19 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 10/13/2015 10:01 PM, Meanie wrote:

Without shooting nails in the entire rail trying to find a stud and
creating holes to fill, I'm uncertain of how I should attempt to fasten
these small sections and only two options come to mind. One, try using a
finish nail for the curving nail issue and create bigger holes to fill,
though still uncertain of stud location or two, use adhesive.

What say the experts?

I'd go with adhesive, but a 2" brad should give you a little hold in the
drywall until the adhesive cures.

What's wrong with finding the studs before fastening the chair rail?
a few small holes in the drywall, hidden by the chair rail, should be
a total non-issue., assuming you cannot locate the studs with a common
stud finder.

True, nothing wrong with that. I was thinking not to put many holes in a
rental home, even though they can be patched.

Gluing the chair rail will make a bigger mess to clean up if the
chair rail has to come off. Do you have the landlord's permission to
make the modification?