Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default off topic: new car advice for senior

wrote in message

stuff snipped

Compaq machines were built like tanks. Not anymore. )-:
Thank Carly for that.

When Compaq bought Packard Bell their quality took a big hit that
they never fully rebounded from - and when HP bough Compaq, the same
thing happened to HP. Their high end stuff may still be pretty
decent, but they've "watered down the brand" with all their consumer
grade junk.

I agree. I have a co-branded (both names on the lid) HP/Compaq laptop that
I put on ice because they didn't make a lot of them. And because it barked
like a dog it was so slow. Maybe my heirs can cash in on it on "Pawn Stars
2060."

--
Bobby G.