Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bird Strikes

On Tuesday, October 13, 2015 at 11:34:39 AM UTC-5, Fred McKenzie wrote:
In article ,
Uncle Monster wrote:

Have you ever had a bird fly into the glass of one of your windows? My
brother is living next to a nature preserve with lots of birds. His housemate
had a green African parrot in a cage on the glassed in front porch. Owls were
bouncing off the windows when they tried to get at that tasty looking parrot.
I was in a doctor's office this morning when I picked up a bird watchers
magazine and came across an ad for a company that manufactures a window film
that refracts light in such a way that the birds can see it and avoid flying
into the treated windows. ^_^

http://abirdseyeview.com/

The window film might work if it eliminates the bird's reflection.

Your Brother's birds might have thought the parrot was invading their
territory. Either that or they saw their own reflection and thought
they were attacking another bird.

A few months ago I heard something hit my window with a loud thump. I
went outside and found a dazed hawk standing nearby. All of a sudden a
small owl flew down as if to attack the hawk. The hawk reacted,
spreading its wings to appear larger, and the owl flew away.

Fred

My brother is on top of a mountain next to The Ruffner Mountain Nature Preserve. There are all sorts of wild critters and feral cats in the area that munch on the birds. There are birds of every kind on that mountain and those birds make a lot of noise. I live farther down the mountain in the valley and there are also a lot of birds around where I live. ^_^

http://ruffnermountain.org/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruffne...ature_Preserve

Wikipedia got one thing wrong, it's not in Irondale which borders the area where my brother lives inside the Birmingham City limits but the preserve may extend into Irondale. I'll have to check the map but I'm sure it's in Birmingham. The area is beautiful and full of trees and the area where I live is in a neighborhood next to his and the trees are not as thick but there are still a lot of them. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Tree Monster