Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lidl parking

On 12/10/15 13:34, michael adams wrote:
"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 12/10/15 12:46, michael adams wrote:
"tim....." wrote in message

"michael adams" wrote in message

"tim....." wrote in message

"michael adams" wrote in message

In case it got lost in translation, the point I am arguing here is not whether Dave
is
guilty or not, but whose job it is to find the proof that he really was a customer,
in
the absences of his supplying his detains at the time.

And as it's Dave who forgot to do it at the time, it's Dave who has to do it
afterwards.

And where have I claimed anything different ?

Just checking

As I've said now more than once let them take him to Court
if they wish. As soon as he said he's paid by CC they'll
have known that if he's speaking the truth then they're
stuffed basically.

Rubbish

They have asked him to supply the details of they CC

But given that, in his view, they're already trying to
"fine" him for something he hasn't done, why should he
necessarily trust them with details of his CC ?
Not being an expert in such matters he might suspect that
once having his CC number they might interpret that as an
admission of guilt on his part and deduct the "fine".
Thus putting him to the trouble of trying to recover
the money.

Which would be an unauthorised transaction and a) would be reversed by the CC company
and b) be theft and/or fraud.

Indeed. But the customer might not necessarily be aware of that
fact; that's the point.

What's being considered here are grounds which he might reasonably
give, for not wanting to disclose his CC card details.

The fact that in not so doing he may be gravely inconveniencing the
parkco, deeply regrettable though that might be, is their problem,
not his.

I agree.