Posted to alt.home.repair
hubops hubops is offline

Default TV turns itself off & on ..

... my brand new $ 600. LG 42 inch LED
seems to provide a poorer picture quality than the
old 32 inch RCA CRT that it's replacing !
... could it be the cable ? or something else ?
It's fed by a Bell Expressvue satellite dish.
Or is it just a matter of my eyes adjusting to the change ?
John T.

Do you have an HD receiver? If not, the picture is not up to top
quality. You should see a definite difference compared to a CRT.

... ahhh .. gulp .. nope.
Just an old regular sat receiver ..
I got a feeling I'm not finished spending money quite yet ..
John T.

If your TV has digital tuner built-in, connect TV antenna to the TV set.

Good point. Over the air signals are full definition. If they start
out as HD, they stay that way. No electronics to compress them.

Yep. if it were up to me - I'd just go for the free TV
http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware...64&cat=3,43597
... but alas I'm no longer in charge ..
John T.