Posted to alt.home.repair
hubops hubops is offline

Default TV turns itself off & on ..

... my brand new $ 600. LG 42 inch LED
seems to provide a poorer picture quality than the
old 32 inch RCA CRT that it's replacing !
... could it be the cable ? or something else ?
It's fed by a Bell Expressvue satellite dish.
Or is it just a matter of my eyes adjusting to the change ?
John T.

Do you have an HD receiver? If not, the picture is not up to top
quality. You should see a definite difference compared to a CRT.

... ahhh .. gulp .. nope.
Just an old regular sat receiver ..
I got a feeling I'm not finished spending money quite yet ..
John T.

Sorry to tell you, but yes, you need a new receiver and possibly more to
get the full HD picture. You may want to contact your satellite
supplier to get fixed up properly.

Upgrading sat. receiver may be easiest solution. Or there is other
method like using A/V receiver with video upscaling capability.
It is a matter of additional cost to get the benefit of full HD
viewing.

Yep. Thanks to all.
Now I'm looking at ..
$ 200 for a new High Def sat receiver
$ 75. for the dish LNB upgrade
and then I still have my two perfectly fine
low def devices VCR and DVD .. !
Geeesh !
John T.