Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lidl parking

In article ,
tim..... wrote:
OK I agree that the checkout person is responsible for entering them,
but it's your responsibility to tell them the number.

Only if asked. Which I wasn't.

where do the rules say "only if asked"?

Not really interested in their rules. If unreasonable.

As I said earlier, my experience of this method of parking with this
company is that the cashier never asks

And my experience of this system at this particular branch is always being
asked if I have a car in the car park, and for its number.

they expect you to tell them.

The car parking restrictions are principally for the benefit of the store.
If the park is full (with non customers) so real customers can't park they
may loose that sale. Which is a bit obvious.

It costs the store to install and police some form of control. Again
obvious, as they don't have it at other stores with larger car parks and
less chance of non customers using it.

So since it is primarily for the benefit of the store, it's up to them to
operate it in the most customer friendly way. If they have any sense.

--
*If you don't pay your exorcist you get repossessed.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.