Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Lidl parking

"tim....." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"tim....." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Fredxxx wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Fredxxx wrote
wrote
Graham. wrote

Even if I successfully appeal the parking charge or Road Traffic
Act offence, the admin charge still stands

If you successfully appeal the parking charge then you should
counterclaim against them for the admin charge. It's a loss wholly
due to their pursuing an unenforceable claim against you.

That was my thought initially, but this is really defamation and its
consequences.

No its not, any more than receiving a speed camera fine is.

They can't even demand that you tell them who was driving the car in
the Lidl car park situation.

Aren't we therefore talking of High Court action?

Nope, just ignore anything they send you and see them
realise that their bluff has been called and give up.

We were talking of defamation,

Only you were, erroneously.

where Graham (I think) would suffer a £20 admin charge from the lease
company,

Nope, from his employer whose car it was.

even if the PCN was issued incorrectly.

Still not defamation. The car was in the carpark, that's
how they got the number. No defamation involved in
asking his employer who normally drives that car.

Since the £20 is a contractual obligation between Graham's company and
the lease company,

You don’t know that either.

he cannot bluff anyone

It’s the operator of the car park that is attempting the bluff.

we know that you think that

it is completely irrelevant wrt Graham's 20 quid because that is a
charge raised by his lease company

Take that up with Fredxxx. I was JUST commenting on his completely
silly claim that it had anything to do with defamation there.

where did I mention defamation?

You are completely irrelevant. It is clear what was being discussed before
you showed up.