Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Lidl parking

In article , tim.....
wrote:

"polygonum" wrote in message
In article , Chris
wrote:
On 10/10/2015 16:31, michael adams wrote:

In this case the OP is in the right, he shopped at Lidl and didn't
exceed the limit. And there's proof of this as he paid by credit
card and his car was filmed by the CCTV both in and out. So he
doesn't need to do anything or explain himself in any way. As it
happens he helpfully explained to them that he'd paid by CC, which
is more than I'd have done.

michael adams

As I posted further up the thread, I'm not sure how this proves that
the OP made a purchase at the relevant time unless

(a) his bank provided the name and address associated with his card
to Lidl and they passed them to the parking enforcers who obtained
those associated with his car registration from the DVLA and matched
the two up

or

(b) he told the parking enforcers his card number and they got Lidl
to confirm from their records that he made a purchase at the relevant
time.

They have my name (obviously) and the time and date. Both appear on my
till receipt. All that's needed is look up the branch records
corresponding to those. After all they will likely have logged what
was bought for marketing purposes. Do you really thing they can't do
something as simple as this? After all, it's hardly going to be the
first time it was needed.

There would be a mismatch in my case - mostly I drive and partner pays
at checkout.

does she not know your car's reg then?

tim

A lot of them don't even know their own car number - they know its colour,
though.

--
Please note new email address: