Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Lidl parking

"tim....." wrote in message

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
tim..... wrote:
Not my job to enter the details. The checkout person does this. And
failed to do so on this occasion.

OK I agree that the checkout person is responsible for entering them,
but it's your responsibility to tell them the number.

Only if asked. Which I wasn't.

where do the rules say "only if asked"?

As I said earlier, my experience of this method of parking with this
company is that the cashier never asks

they expect you to tell them.

Let's try an analogy he

you're in WHS and you pick up a newspaper, it's one of those shops with an
honesty box (do they still have them?)

You walk out without paying.

are you going to argue that you only have to pay "if asked"?

You have already confessed that you "forgot" so you can't claim now that
the operator entered them wrongly (at least, not in this discussion)

They could easily have changed the system. Not my business if they have.

Unfortunately it is.

No it is not.

They are the ones demanding a penalty. Due to a fault in their system.
Not
my problem.

no, no fault in their system

There clearly is if they usually ask for the car rego number.

your mistake in not giving them the details (as required)

You don't know that that is required.