Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default off topic: new car advice for senior

Robert Green wrote:
wrote in message
wrote:

stuff snipped

I never saw FCC certifications on anything but parts that were clearly

used
for RF transmission or attachment to the POTS lines.

Used to be FCC or DOC on all computer compnents. I've got CD drives
with FCC certs on them
I haven't built a clone in almost 10 years, and it.s been 26 years
since I was in the computer "manufacturing" business.

It's been a while for me too. I switched to all laptops because a) the
power savings were substantial and b) the laptops are all the same
configuration meaning I can take a Ghost backup from a dead laptop and
easily reload it onto another machine. When I was using clones, each was
subtly different from the other making restores to anything but the drive
the backup was made on would fail.

I'll be going through all my old XT/AT parts to trash them this week so I
will be able to review which items have FCC certs. I would suspect that
hard drives, CDs and other items from name manufacturers have FCC IDs but I
would be surprised if I see their mark on anything else.

Any one worked on mainframes like super computers? PCs and Windows is
not all. Disappointed. Never worked on Hexadecimal ALU, stuffs like
that? hard coax data transmission(not optical fiber). Computer
manufacturing? Really? More likely it was assembly plant.