Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lidl parking

On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 14:27:02 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

And you're right. Just looked at the receipt and there isn't a name on
it. Or even the full card number. Which means it's of no use on its own
to prove I made a purchase when I said I did as I could simply have
picked one up from the carpark floor, or out of a trolley, etc. Unless
the receipt number is cross referenced to the actual purchase, which
then is cross referenced to me.

The card voucher(*) for the transaction will have the last four
digits of the card number, the type of card credit/debit
visa/mastercard/why and if not contactless the expiry date and maybe
the start date. Fairly minimal chance of a random voucher matching
all those with the card in your wallet. Even without the voucher or
goods receipt you just go to your card provider and ask for the full
information on that transaction.

They don't have a foot to stand on, let them take you to court and
end up paying their and your costs.

I suppose it's easier to send out a letter saying 'Dear xxxx, you

owe
us £x for parking in Lidl's car park' than ask Lidl 'we see a car

kept
by xxxxx was parked in your car park between xx.xx and yy.yy .

Could
you look and see if a card transaction in that name was made at

that
time?'.

The letter from the parking co will have been sent to the registered
keeper of the vehicle they think has committed an offence, sourced
from the DVLA via the vehicles registration number.

(*) The "voucher" information may or may not be on the main receipt
for the goods, it varies across stores, aldi and co-op have a
seperate vouchers, tesco is all together, sainsbury's are double
sided so effectively all together.

--
Cheers
Dave.