Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Harold Davis Harold Davis is offline

Default Lidl parking

Bod wrote in
:

On 11/10/2015 10:21, The Todal wrote:
On 11/10/2015 08:22, MM wrote:
On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 13:22:12 +0100, "ARW"
wrote:

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
MM wrote
Chris wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote

The Lidl branch I most use is at Clapham Junction. They have
number recognition cameras, and ask you for your car number at
the checkout.
Which then gives you up to 90 minutes free parking.

Had a demand for a fine from the company that runs it for them.
On that
occasion, the till person obviously forgot to ask me for my
details. Not
that I noticed at the time. And they could have changed the
system anyway.

Emailed the car park company and said I'd paid by plastic
so they could check with the store easily that I'd used the
store on the date and time in question.

Some time later, I've had an email asking me to prove
I made a purchase. They want a copy of the till receipt.

As it happens I do still have it - as I bought something with a
warranty.
But had it been just groceries, would have been junked the same
day.

So I've told them to check themselves.
Be interesting to see what happens next.

Just ignore the idiots is the best policy.

Private companies can't issue enforceable fines.

They're trying it on.

Harry