Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lidl parking

In article ,
Chris wrote:
They have my name (obviously) and the time and date. Both appear on my
till receipt. All that's needed is look up the branch records
corresponding to those. After all they will likely have logged what
was bought for marketing purposes. Do you really thing they can't do
something as simple as this? After all, it's hardly going to be the
first time it was needed.

I hadn't realised that banks passed the cardholder's name to the
retailer as part of the transaction and don't recall ever having had a
receipt of this kind showing my name.

And you're right. Just looked at the receipt and there isn't a name on it.
Or even the full card number.
Which means it's of no use on its own to prove I made a purchase when I
said I did as I could simply have picked one up from the carpark floor, or
out of a trolley, etc. Unless the receipt number is cross referenced to
the actual purchase, which then is cross referenced to me.

Obviously Lidl do collect and
print the name though. I've learned something.

Sorry about that. But I'm pretty certain they'd know the name too - it's
hardly a secret being printed on the card.

I suppose it's easier to send out a letter saying 'Dear xxxx, you owe us
£x for parking in Lidl's car park' than ask Lidl 'we see a car kept by
xxxxx was parked in your car park between xx.xx and yy.yy . Could you
look and see if a card transaction in that name was made at that time?'.

--
*He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.