Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Chris is offline

Default Lidl parking

In article ,
Chris wrote:
On 10/10/2015 16:31, michael adams wrote:

In this case the OP is in the right, he shopped at Lidl and
didn't exceed the limit. And there's proof of this as he paid
by credit card and his car was filmed by the CCTV both
in and out. So he doesn't need to do anything or explain
himself in any way. As it happens he helpfully explained to
them that he'd paid by CC, which is more than I'd have done.

michael adams

As I posted further up the thread, I'm not sure how this proves that the
OP made a purchase at the relevant time unless

(a) his bank provided the name and address associated with his card to
Lidl and they passed them to the parking enforcers who obtained those
associated with his car registration from the DVLA and matched the two up

or

(b) he told the parking enforcers his card number and they got Lidl to
confirm from their records that he made a purchase at the relevant time.

They have my name (obviously) and the time and date. Both appear on my
till receipt. All that's needed is look up the branch records
corresponding to those. After all they will likely have logged what was
bought for marketing purposes. Do you really thing they can't do something
as simple as this? After all, it's hardly going to be the first time it
was needed.

I hadn't realised that banks passed the cardholder's name to the
retailer as part of the transaction and don't recall ever having had a
receipt of this kind showing my name. Obviously Lidl do collect and
print the name though. I've learned something.

I suppose it's easier to send out a letter saying 'Dear xxxx, you owe us
£x for parking in Lidl's car park' than ask Lidl 'we see a car kept by
xxxxx was parked in your car park between xx.xx and yy.yy . Could you
look and see if a card transaction in that name was made at that time?'.