Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default Water pipe heat tape

On 10/10/2015 3:43 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 10/10/2015 2:12 PM, Muggles wrote:
Does anyone know if heating tapes would work for this or not?

Doubt it. The common heat tapes are designed to keep water
(barely) over the freezing temp. I'd expect them to work
well below the 60F you want.

With this much water, I'd check with pet stores and see
what they think. Propane is usually cheaper than electric
as a fuel source.

Perhaps a propane residential water heater, and tempering
valve?

Would a water heater like that end up costing more in powering it?

My experience with heat, is that propane is
cheaper than electric. In any, or, whatever
form.

ok thanks for the info.

--
Maggie